yang dulu didahulukan!

Seniman:
Tell me about yourself.

Yudi:
Assalamualaikum.
Hi, my name is Wahyudi Pratama . I am 28 years and a male and born in Lampung,
Sumatra Province, Indonesia in September 12nd, 1977.

And now I’m living in
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia. And being Single :p.
I am an artist or web designer, Graphic designer, (still learn) writer, visual contemporary artist, art critics and of course as an Art Director in my office.

After receiving Bachelor Degree in Fine Art (2001), I worked and continue my Master Deegre In Visual Art, Bandung Institute of Technologies ( 2003-2005)

My favorite music consist from anything in rock, jazz, pop, ambient music, experimental music and Rock n Roll.

My favorite book, such as; Return Of The Real ( Hal Foster), book of Philosophy, art book from
Thames and Hudson Press.

Favorite movie; Baraka, 2001 Space Oddysey, Hotel Rwanda, Basquiat etc. Anime, cartoon movie and cult movie.

My favorite about food? Here they are: Sate Kambing, Tong Seng Ayam, bubur kacang hijau, pisang goreng .

Seniman:
The reason(s) for being involved in Art, Graphics or Multimedia.

Yudi:
I’d like to tell u about my interest in art. Early year, when I was on high scholl, I was the collector of many music cover, in CD, Casette or Poster. The first impression about art, was taken from music packaging.
Of course, I want to show my capability in Art. I believe, as an artist, or designer, they have ability to make anything in aesthetics form. And about the artist, All artist have personal ego in their artwork. So, that’s the basic of art, they have many selection and idea. In any medium, canvas, painting, multimedia, street art, poster and sculpture.

Beside that, I worked as an art director/ web designer, and as an in-house graphic designer in a IT Consultant di Bandung. My interest about art, internet art/ net art/ contemporary art and new media art has give me a choice of medium. As a worker, of course, using a computer to make design. And in case to make my artwork, I also using a computer as a basic sketch or to make a digital drawing. But , now my interest in retro art and image has make my creativity in retro art, collage drawing. It refer to the conditional art form in the world now, everything possible in art. Theme, kitsch image, medium anything as long they have much aesthetic sense.

For me, being involved in art, is a good choice. That’s where our mind keep the free perception about creativity. And hey, it’s about make any fresh idea.

Seniman:
Skills obtained in Art, Graphics or Multimedia.

Yudi:
Skill? How about Drawing ? Of course there’s never to old to learn. My skills sets in medium software, such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Macromedia etc.

But in my artwork, I made my artwork using computer and different medium, such as video art, neon-box or anything possible to be transformed in contemporary art form.

Oh , I also writing about art critics, social life, culture, philosophy in my blogsite.

Seniman:
How did you start developing your Art, Graphics or Multimedia processes?
(What are the steps taken? For example: books, from observations)

Yudi:
Nothing original under the sun. original idea always made to re-create as a new idea, anywhere, anyone and in anyhow.

Do many observation, see many book, browse the internet, watch the movie and discussion as reference. See many things in the street, living in a crowded culture, eklektik and popular.

Usually, I see many book, visual, photograph, and art just to refreshing my mind and give me basic inspirational in creativity.

Seniman:

Name 2 designers/mentors (Asia & International) that you dream to be.

Yudi:
Joshua Davis, he was the big inspirational fo me. You can see many great name about art and design, such as David Carson, Phillipe Stark, Damien Hirst, Christo etc.

In Asia, I’d like to see Takashi Murakami’s art.

Seniman:
How long is your experience in this field? Name one company that you have worked with which you think has given you inspiration.

Yudi:
From 2001, after finishing my education, I work both freelance and full time. In divusi ( now), I’ve received many knowledge about internet, system and of course it opened my mind about what the point ‘bout concept of virtual interaction in internet.

Seniman:
Tell me about your most current project.

Yudi:

In office, I write the concept about web, propose a project and designing web, graphic and art. I designing web, from Tourism Department in Indonesia, re-engineering web like Education Department, Oil and Petroleum Board , etc.

As an Artist, I’ve just made my solo exhibition in a small gallery in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia. See this : Warning Idea.

Seniman:
What is your expectation of this field in Asia for the next three years?

Yudi:
Have my own graphic company, and have many solo exhibition around the world or asia. Travel to Nepal and Bhutan !

Seniman:
What is your contribution to this field in Asia for the next three years?

Yudi:
Travel and Education in art, everywhere in Asia. And working in any types of related industries.

Seniman:
What is your dream for this field?

Yudi:
To achieve success , of being an artist, designer, writer , art or social critics. And of course have a very very happy family…..he he..

Seniman:
What is your choice of medium?

Yudi:
Adobe is the best!, drawing in sketch book and using vector image in computer. And of course using old and retro image in collage technique, as my artwork.

Enjoy....

"started a reformation by a single message"
_________________
jazakallah khair

Ulasan

Catatan Popular