Interview with anajin.

Seniman: Tell me about yourself.

anajin: Assalamualaikum dan Salam sejahtera. I, m a normal ovalheaded person with a creative six sense in web, graphic, music, and anything involve creative thinking. Sometimes I’m not a normal person when I’m flying high to sky kingdom(this is when I’m having a really good sleep, shiok oi tidur). I’m 18 plus 10 more years and I’m origin from the south of Malaysia that is Johor, some people said that Johor is the largest that has produce creative people. Opera Juga. I’m Married and now I have one cute and handsome son and one is coming soon next year. Maybe on 31st August 2005, Insyaallah. I have My early education at Singapore Woodlands Primary School for three years and have been change to Fu Chun Primary Schools For another three year. I get my Secondary education at Johor Bahru at my hometown school that is Sek Men Ulu Tiram than I change to Sek Dato Jaafar cause I was active in football and been selected for the under 16 state player. I like all kinds of music, books, movie(not that typical yusuf haslam movies) and I eat all halal foods.

Seniman: The reason(s) for being involved in graphics and multimedia.

anajin: The reason being involved with this crap, cause I can’t get off it, hehehehe. Actually I like art since in the primary school where in school there this subject called Art & Craft that teach students to be creative, there where I found my passion in art. I was active in Art club in secondary school to, where I always been in-charge of doing murals and backdrop for school function. After school I work with Pelangi Berhad as a graphic artist in Plaza Pelangi, here is the first time I know about Graphic and multimedia and since that day, I was glued to it. And It’s has been my passion to. Then the journeys goes when I was selcted to be in the Johor art & culture ministry as Art co-ordinator. Here Ive been exposed to my own culture art like Kuda Kepang, Zapin, Silat, theatre and many more. I’ve experienced art thru this and in the same time I’ve been polishing my graphic design by taking a Diploma in Computer Graphic And Design in Cosmopoint JB. The experienced mounted.

Seniman: Skills obtained in graphics and multimedia.

anajin: It’s a long way to go before i can say that I am satisfied with what I have. Including the skills cause in the industry there a lot of potential designer out there that are struggling and striving to achieve their goals, for me it’s a life learning process.

Seniman: How did you start developing your graphics and multimedia processes? 

anajin: Before doing anything, must get an idea. To generate good idea there must be a observation. There’s a lot of idea out there waiting to be pick as a subject in developing design, for multimedia I’ll always browse the internet and reads book for reference.

Seniman: Name 2 designers/mentors (Asia & International) that you dream to be.

anajin: Frankly speaking there was no one that I would like or dream to be, I just wanna be me and my art refer to me not anyone else. I respected Imran Abdul Jabar as a local asia designer as he effort to get up his own multimedia and graphic resource called sifoo.com although he was a engineering student. For international I would like to refer to daim and toast cause their work inspire me a lot.

Seniman: How long is your experience in this field? Name one company that you have worked with which you think has given you inspiration.

anajin: It’s has been since i was in primary school if it counts that my experience has been into art but if it’s only count from my work experience in graphic design it has been since 1994 and it has been 11 yrs in the industry and one company that has been gives me inspiration is spencer azizul and explorium is the two companies that has opened my eyes in creative thinking and consulting. Been with the best team ever in web and advertising really gaves me ways to see what the future is.

Seniman: Tell me about your most current project.

anajin: My successful and latest project is mcdonalds.com.my flash website and digi beyond prepaid multimedia launching and also now i was in-charge of doing the GUI for TSS, PPK and BTP courseware. I just finish a macromedia flash workshop in UTM, Skudai Johor. Submit my works for useagain exhibition for year 2005, doing graffiti installation and my current project is to revamp anajin.org, it has been in the 6 version since the day it was launched in 2002. Like a tortoise. hehehe. I’m also working with Muid Latif from DMP collectives and collective designers from Sifoo.com for a art showcase called 'Intisari Nusantara'.

Seniman: What is your expectation of this field in Asia for the next three years?

anajin: Before I expect to change the mentality of Malaysian designer, I think I have to do a PHD in Designer Psychology therefore I can expect the unexpected. In Asia design and multimedia industry is going vastly and extremely growing big, who wanted to be in this industry must have the skill and knowledge to stay for a long time, if not balik kampong tanam kelapa sawit lagi bagus.

Seniman: What is your contribution to this field in Asia for the next three years? 

anajin: As I said, I must get hold a PHD first before I can contribute my experience to others but theres one dream I hold, that is to have my own design firm and college.

Seniman: What is your dream for this field?

anajin: Dream to me is only when I’m sleeping. I told my dream already arr. 

Seniman: What is your choice of medium?

anajin: Usually I doodles before getting the last touch by selecting few doodles for finalization and I used pilot drawing pen 0.3/0.5. I design using Flash, Illustrator and Photoshop. I leave my single message using artline100 high performance marker and Pylox spray paint.

Ulasan

Catatan Popular