Interview With Muid Latif

seniman:
Tell me about yourself.


muid:
Hello! Salam perkenalan dari Muid Latif. I'm a Web Artist/Designer & freestyle Street Artist/Choreographer.
Appearing in the ICT & Creative Media Industry in Malaysia, my goal is to ensure, inspire, encourage & support junior and senior talents to make use of the World Wide Web, as a platform to explore their creativity & bring their artwork to the world recognition.
The reason(s) for being involved in graphics and multimedia.
I'm 25 years old, going 26 on the 24th of February this year.
I was born in Penang, raised in Ipoh and Selangor, and currently staying in a military camp in Sg. Besi.
I'm single, but not available :(.
Married to my wife, Kancil, she is one great wife I have right now. I have 5 children:
1. Acer Aspire (my investment)
2. Creative Muvo MP3 Player (my mood)
3. A mobile phone (accessing mms/gprs/email)
4. Casio Watch (time is important)
5. Sketchbook (with my precious stationaries)
Early Education: I got my first 'Tadika' at Tadika Taman Permata, Taman Batu Keramat, Kuala Lumpur.
Tertiary education: Ijazah Sarjana Muda Seni Halus (Arca), Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) 1997-2002.
My favourite music is all range to collective music of Jazz,
oldskool music from the 70 & 80's, Classics, mostly into American-African music, Chillout, House and Modern Rock (alternative).
My favorite books are "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki and "He's Just Not That Into You" by Greg Berendt.
My favourite movies would definitely be Austin Powers Trilogy, Matrix Trilogy, anything by Wayans brothers, Steven Spielberg & James Cameron. So far I like science-fiction based movies from maya to anime.
Tom Yam is my favourite! Char Kuey Teow, Secret Recipe's Brownies, anything with Cheese and mamak's tosei are definitely a feast.

seniman:
The reason(s) for being involved in graphics and multimedia.


muid:
The reason for being involved:
Written in my destiny. Nah! Actually, it's my passion!
I am talented at a very young age and my mum encouraged me.
One truly deeply mentor I had was, in Form 5, where a beautiful teacher called Mrs. Fairuz (Now, if I’m not mistaken, in Batu Gajah High School) encouraged me to explore my narrative... my art.

seniman:
Skills obtained in graphics and multimedia.

muid:
Skills? I'm still learning and upgrading. I want to try different styles,
types and mediums of application and to be a multi-discipline artist/visualizer.

seniman:
How did you start developing your graphics and multimedia processes?

(What are the steps taken? For example: books, from observations)

muid:
I got balanced studies on developing my graphic and creative process. I read books and studied fundamental in arts. I did deep research in Asian Arts & Culture. I took over 2-3 months in Terengganu, went to Johor to see Kuda Kepang, regular visits to Islamic Art Museum and local art galleries. I got very supportive mentors to guide me in art, namely Jailani Abu Hassan and Zulaika. I learn on my own when it comes to design, but I always get help from online tutorials and great friends like sifoorians, doxobians and people from the design collectives like Netdiver, Creative Nehavior, Newstoday, Halfproject & Godote (design faculty).

seniman:
Name 2 designers/mentors (Asia & International) that you dream to be.


muid:
My mentor has always been Mike Young from WeWorkForThem because most of the top web interactive designers around the world refer to him also :). And as for Asia, I truly adore the work by Drew Europhio of Grafikas, all the way from Philippines.
Her exploration on Asian identity had made a move in my heart, mind and soul. It's where I see myself, my root, as an Asian.

seniman:
How long is your experience in this field? Name one company that you have worked with which you think has given you inspiration.


muid:
Been in this ICT world for more than 6 years and work in this field for 3 years. I work both freelance and full time, with one of the best teams from WebguruAsia, Earthmedia to XM Expanded Media, NetInfinium and liase closely with FCB & GREY Interactive.

seniman:
Tell me about your most current project.


muid:
My successful last project was to work for WirelessBroadbandAlliance.com roaming guide flash campaign and Alla Fonte (Mofaz Group) website when I was with NetInfinium.
I had just finished showcasing my first Grafitti installation with SWS Streetart Team at Wondermilk, Uptown, Damansara Utama, PJ, Selangor :)
I'm currently working on Digital Malaya Project 2005 site revamp, going on phase 2 and should be able to finish before my birthday :) I'm also working with collective designers from Sifoo.com for an online art showcase called 'Intisari Nusantara'.
I will be doing a contribution of artwork for VectorJunkie, PASSVITE & working on remix duel with DMP & Halfproject Team.

seniman:
What is your expectation of this field in Asia for the next three years?


muid:
I want to have my own company and at the same time, I want to travel around the world and volunteer to help people.

seniman:
What is your contribution to this field in Asia for the next three years?


muid:
I would like to give more education and offer my skills to help and support the local creative industry, perhaps working in all types of industry from entertainment to education.

seniman:
What is your dream for this field?


muid:
My dream is to achieve success, to make my parents happy and I want to see both, my little brother and sister grow up well-discipline, enough education and successful.

seniman:
What is your choice of medium?


muid:
I start my freehand illustration with a pencil and work with Stabilo Point 188. I design using Photoshop and I do my graphs and tags using Artline 100 and Pylox spray cans.

Ulasan

Catatan Popular